7/17/2009 12:15:00 PM

All that glitters...


I noticed that recently everyone seems to be talking about MM's new eyeshadow quads so I thought I'd add in my 2 cents.
I purchased these at Watsons 1Utama the day that there were realised. Prior to that I saw a blurb about the collection in Vivi and have been drooling over them for the longest time ever. It's bee a while since MM released such a large collection of quads all at once ( not since the Majolook line impact series - 6 quads i think). Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. When I heard that they were to be released in Singapore late May/early June I spend almost every other day trolling all the Watsons outlets in area in hopes of catching it just as the put it on the shelves. I had hoped beyond hope that the release date for Malaysia would be the same. I was that fanatical about it.




These are my two initial colours that I picked up. The green is GR780 and the purple is VI782. I'm contemplating returning for the silver pink quad and also the red quad. The rest of the other shades didn't interest me as much.

Product : MM Majolook Jewelling Eyes
Price : RM59.90 (cheaper during sales)
Colour Code: GR 780 and VI 782
Description : One minty green palette and one violet purple palette. Each palette has one base colour, one naunce colour, one liner colour and one glittery highlighter colour. All 4 are powders. Pigmentation is about 3.5 over 5, sheer but buildable.
Comments: I really liked the green one as that was the one I've been eyeing for the longest. Sadly the base and naunce colours didn't show up as green as I'd hoped on my eyes. If I wasn't careful it was more like a greyish silver. That absolutely defeated the purpose of a nice green palette. I've gotten round to controling it now, using the naunce colour as a base instead. The results are pleasing.
The purple palette was a last minute grab because I couldn't decide if I wanted another pink palette for my collection or not ( I have way too many pink somethings) I was very surprised by this one. Unlike the green palette this one showed up very well against my skintone. A little bit goes a long way with this one. I needed to apply it with a brush in hopes of having a sheerer application. I mix this with clinique's eyeshadow in Disco Pink( I love the name!)
Overall, I have nothing but a positive things to say about the new collection. It's good for it's price. I could save up the cost of those 2 palettes and picked up some shu or mac but... nyah! there is something about these japanese drugstore palettes that are just so attractive.



6 opinions:

sizbelle said...

I like green one, but i'm a beginner when it comes to eye makeup... mayb you wana share how you put them on... i wana learn

saintangelius said...

Sizbelle -
I'm not really good at makeup. I just know enough to get buy. I will try to give you some guides if you like o.o-b

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review! The shipping for Majo Majo to the UK is so expensive that I'm better off sticking with Kanebo and Suqqu, which are available locally.

saintangelius said...

Jamilla -
That's true. Luckily MM is available in my local pharmacies and not some department store counter like Beaute de Kose or Coffret D'or. I do think that Lunasol's colour mixes are nicer that MM tho. I can't wait for Suqqu to open in Malaysia! If they open...

♥akisa♥ said...

hey there, great idea! I didn't think about adding the comp entries to the swatch library! I do have swatch guidelines though.. so I will sift through the entries & contact those I need permission from. Thanks for the idea!

saintangelius said...

Akisa-
Glad to be of Service ^_^

Post a Comment